Telephone: 020 8539 2466
Friends of Davies Lane
The Parent Council is a group of parents consisting of a representative from each of the classes at Davies Lane who meet up twice a term and the findings are fed in to the Curriculum and Standards governing body. At each meeting we observe a variety of student workbooks, we observe the teaching in the classroom and we also look at and analyse statistics. We will bring any matters that you may have with regard to general learning or standards to the meetings so please note who your representative is and use us. Any specific urgent or personal issues must be must be taken up directly with the teacher or school. Each year we look for new parents to join us from the reception classes. If you are interested in joining the parent council please contact the school office.
Parent Council meeting minutes
Parent Council Terms of Reference
The welfare and safeguarding of children is paramount and this should be addressed immediately with a member of staff when a concern is raised.
The Council shall advise the Headteacher on how to:
• Improve learning conditions for all children at Davies Lane
• To ensure that learning is fun
• To ensure that learning is interactive and interesting
• To ensure that planning and teaching are pupil centred
• To ensure improved outcomes for all
As a Council member, you should be able to:
1. Visit the school to see how things are done and how effective improvements can be made
2. Attend a meeting every half term
3. Observe lessons and comment on outcomes from a parent point of view
4. Interview teachers and pupils with the support of Headteacher
Review on a regular basis:
a) The school’s curricular aims
b) Teaching and learning policies.
The Council is to monitor and review the progress of the school's curricular priorities, review progress, comment on resources available for curriculum development and make recommendations to the Heads of School and the Executive Headteacher.
The learning council will report to the parent council who will report its findings to the governing body.
The council will consist of a Chair, Vice Chair and at least one representative
Questions or queries for the Parent Council can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Davies Lane Primary School,
020 8539 2466
020 8523 3230
Chief Executive - Maureen Okoye
Executive Principal – Jason Cook
Head of School – Bronwen Chalmers
8.00am - 4.30pm